My Feet Went Into The Street
The decade from 2010-2019 taught me to
- Listen both with and without intent, each offers lessons
- Consider systemic processes more deeply
- Research materials beyond the normal, this is where hidden truths lie
- Love so many more people than I’d ever conceived
- Evolution must bear resistance to norms
- Perceive how twisted peace and love can be
- Look in the face of authority without fear
- Manifest love through the creations of each day, they should nourish
- Home is where I create peace
- Normalize the stresses of live, living matters most so make the most from living
So many significant deaths in the decade, which includes both of my parents, more than a handful of activists I was close with during the formational time for Occupy Detroit. Each was like a family member.
The things in life come and go more quickly now, it has forced me to be more liquid in the tools I work with. My sense of self-employment needs a better commitment in the coming decade. Perhaps I’ve waited far too long to set better vision, but here it is 2020 now.